Saturday, November 21, 2015

Kwacha depreciation???

The kwacha has seen a fairly good beating against major currencies in the past months. Reasons of this beating unfortunately are hard to get a hold of. Therefore it is an interesting field to get in and see what had made this beating.

A look at the trend of related currencies tell a story that need great attention. We see the dollar rising faster than had ever done in the last 40 years. This therefore will obviously mean that the kwacha is expected to perform badly against the dollar. We see the Chinese economy slowing down, China being a major importer of copper will again result in an interesting beating on the Kwacha. But will all these stories add up to produce one of the worst falls of the kwacha in over 8 years?

That is a story worth looking at it. Unfortunately I have not been writing on this blog for sometime now due to a lot of personal issues that have literally killed my blog time. So I would want to look into all the issues that has brought in an interesting kwacha economy and issues that we need to be looking at in future to strengthen our kwacha. So I will let this be and prepare a full analysis in the time that I have. 

Further, to ensure I devote the little time that I have on a single blog, I have decided to merge my Africa perspective into kwacha economics to ensure the material does not make me stay on one blog and lose focus on the other. So you will see topics of African and specifically Zambia development perspective show up here. As usual, the political aspect is a lot more in development perspective than the kwacha economics. To ensure I stick to my direction, only general polity related issues will be embarked on. I hope people would stick to that too!

Lets see how this will work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment